GUESTS: Christina Lively and Angie Wooderson
HOST: Sam Meers
In the US, you become eligible for Medicare at age 65. Health insurance companies, in compliance with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Management, provide Medicare Advantage plans for seniors. With over 10,000 Americans turning 65 each day, the market is highly competitive, increasingly regulated and is limited by an annual enrollment period and life-event marketing windows forcing those promoting Medicare advantage to get creative.
Christina Lively, Vice President, Marketing Communications, and Angie Wooderson, Marketing Manager, Medicare Segments, from Blue Cross and Blue Shield Kansas City (Blue KC), join us to discuss:
- The major driver that caused Blue KC to get back into the MA space
- The challenges faced as they prepared to offer MA to the KC market?
- The factors of pricing a MA plan, the distribution network and broker training
- The key determinants expected from a data partner on the backend of MA plans
- Where they have witnessed the greatest success in terms of marketing efforts